26.5.11

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. Isaiah 60:1

Day 3


 I hear the birds chirping this morning. At the kitchen sink, an amazing blood orange sun rose over the neighbor’s house.  The morning java I’m sipping is better than any coffee shop brew I’ve tasted in a long time. I even gave myself a squirt of perfume before I came downstairs for the day. Have I been numb these past two days, these past few weeks, and not even known?  I hadn’t noticed that I wasn’t noticing these details lately. Maybe the emotion, the anticipation and grief of “losing” my soldier, was muddying my senses. That’s gotta be it, cause I wasn’t numb, I have felt real things –A LOT- this past month.  But as I climbed outta bed today, something was different. Maybe this is the joy that comes in the morning.  It’s not the kind of joy or excitement  that buzzes with celebration when you’re surrounded by people you love, with  hoots and hollers of laughter.  Not loud and exuberant. Not showy. It’s a quiet joy.  A contentment breaking thru the sadness, like that sunrise this morning. A light shining in the darkness. The darkness starts to disappear.

No comments: