28.5.11

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26

Day 4
About half way thru today the dark clouds rolled in, a quick storm came through, leaving the day looking like evening hours before dinnertime. It was only 3:00, and it was feeling like Friday night already. The lack of light kinda played with my mind, we still had half the day left, even though it didn’t look like it outside.  This was gonna be a long one. I don’t particularly enjoy Friday nights during the deployment. Weekends seem like slow motion when Johnny is not around. I wouldn’t mind DVRing  this year so that I could fast forward thru the weekends. I’m used to him being gone during the week, sometimes even until late. But for the most part the weekends are for hanging out with family. Resting from work. Chillin with my favorite guy. We don’t even do much sometimes, but at least we’re together. Loneliness was creeping in. Just a week ago another family was over for dinner, hanging out,  doing normal family stuff. That seems so far away now.
But God is good. All the time. When time is flying by. And when time is standing still.
I heard my phone. A text message. And to my delight it was from my husband!!!! I guess our days of texting are not over after all. He can message my phone for free thru an instant messenger on his computer( when he’s in his room. )  SO I can’t really get a hold of him, but he can get a hold of me. We chatted for a few, and got to say good night- for him. I still had several hours til bed for me.
I’ve talked to him a little today. Skype to skype on our phones. Once in the middle of the night (he says it was an accident, but I am  super glad he did it), and a few tries this morning. It was sketchy, but better than nothing at all.  Probably only about 30 seconds at a time, with broken sound.  And then he called my phone from his computer, was so glad I answered that unknown number. We got to catch up for almost 5 minutes. Hearing his familiar voice was like a quick fill up for my love tank. I couldn’t quit smiling. It costs a few cents a minute, but I would pay much more. I miss that quick call he gives me each night when he’s about to leave work, so I’ll know I have 30 minutes to finish fixing dinner.
 Cleaned up the leftover tacos, and was flipping thru channels when I heard the voice of a special neighbor that I wasn’t expecting.  One of those sister friends I’m so thankful for. A chat on the couch while the girls danced and played. Before I knew it, she was on her way back down the street and I realized that my Father had saved me from the lonely Friday night I had anticipated, and dreaded. He is gracious, and so sweet to me. I had made it this whole day without crying, but now tears are starting to drip as I realize His faithfulness and gentleness with me. Jesus cares about my heart. I know I’ll have some lonely nights, but tonight wasn’t one of them, and for that I am extremely grateful. His grace really is enough for me.
A couple times today I got the giggles over silly stuff. I haven’t laughed like that in awhile. The kids were laughing too. Each laugh seems like it unlocks something in my heart. Something good. That  proverb says a cheerful heart is like good medicine. It’s true. In His presence is fullness of joy. That’s where I wanna be.

No comments: